What Is a Parent Connection Call?
A Connection Call is a FREE 60-minute consultation designed to help us get to know each other a bit, take a look at your unique situation, and determine how and if what I do as a parent coach is what you need to help calm the chaos, restore order, and find healing for yourself and your family.
Who do I work with?
I specialize in working with mothers of children who struggle with intense emotional and behavior issues associated with complex developmental trauma, Reactive Attachment Disorder, prenatal alcohol exposure (FASD), and/or other forms of mental illness.
Photo by Vadim Guzhva/123RF.com
Is a Connection Call right for me?
A Parent Connection Call IS right for you if…
- You’re serious about seeking help, ready to go “all in”, and are committed to doing whatever it takes to turn things around and create lasting peace and healing for yourself and your family.
- You are willing and able to invest in yourself and your family, motivated to take consistent action, and are ready to making healing your #1 top priority.
- You believe things can change and you want to learn more about parent coaching and how it might be able to help you restore peace to your home and hope to your life.
- You are ready and willing to learn new things, look at yourself for answers, take the healing journey yourself, and then lead the way toward healing for your family.
- You already have some knowledge of attachment disorders, complex developmental trauma, and therapeutic parenting but aren’t sure how to connect all the pieces or make it work for your situation.
It’s NOT a good fit for you if…
- You’re looking for easy answers and quick fixes.
- You only want someone to spout off to about how bad your child is or how rough things are in your house.
- You’re only interested in fixing your child but not willing to change yourself in order to change the situation for eveyrone.
- You’re not willing or able to take the transformation process seriously and do all the work that is required to achieve the results you want.
- You’re not willing or able to invest time, energy, and financial resources into creating positive and lasting change for yourself and your family.
- You have your own unhealed childhood trauma issues. If this is the case for you, I recommend seeking the help of a licensed therapist who specializes in complex trauma issues in adults and focuses only on you, not your child. Once you’ve got a handle on those issues, then parent coaching might be a good fit.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do coaching sessions work?
As long as you’ve got a device with a camera (phone, tablet, laptop, etc.) and a good WiFi or unlimited data connection, you’re good to go. I’ll walk you through the rest of the details.
What's the catch?
We will spend our session taking a deep-dive look at your situation and discussing how or if parent coaching might be able to help you untangle the mess and leave the trenches of chaos for good. If I feel I can help you and we’re a good fit for each other, you will be invited to learn more about my parent coaching programs.
If it turns out what I do isn’t what you’re looking for or this isn’t the right time in your life to make it happen, there will be no obligation to continue.
I want both of us to know right up front that you’re serious about seeking real help, you’re ready to do what it takes to turn things around, you’re committed to the process, and that parent coaching is next right step for you before we move forward with anything. That’s what this session is all about!
Where can I learn more about parent coaching?
If you’d like to know more about how coaching is both similar to and different than therapy, check out this post.
If you’d like to take a simple self-assessment test to determine your readiness for coaching, see this post.
Are there any alternatives to private coaching?
Yes! If private coaching isn’t the right fit at this time, the Burnout Busters Academy is an excellent alternative! In fact, the Academy was started as a means of supporting my private clients and membership to it is included with all my premium coaching packages.
The Academy is a unique month-to-month membership site dedicated to supporting, educating, and strengthening moms of children who suffer from intense emotional and behavior issues associated with developmental trauma, fetal alcohol exposure and/or other forms of mental illness.
Burnout Busters offers weekly live mastermind calls, opportunities to connect with other moms who are walking this same road, structured mentoring and support, guided and doable action steps to keep you moving in the right direction, and more!
How many clients do you have?
As a coach, I have a very limited number of one-on-one coaching slots available. I don’t take just anyone, though. I intentionally limit my client load to just a few people at a time so I can be fully present and focused on supporting you in your journey of creating positive change in your family.
Why not give it a try?
You have nothing to lose…but may have everything to gain.
Are you ready?
I understand how scary it is to land on a website like this, feel a surge of hope, and still be terrified to take that next step…even when we know it will be good for us!
I also know that nothing will change if nothing changes. The first step in a new direction is always the scariest one to take. Finding the courage to do it is where the transformation begins, though.
Are you ready to create a different experience for yourself and your family? Are you ready to reclaim peace and restore hope amidst all the demands of parenting a challenging child? Are you ready to break free from the toxic cycles of chaos?
If you are serious about taking charge of your situation, getting out from under the weight of these issues, and are ready to lead the way toward healing for your family then parent coaching or the Burnout Busters Academy might be the right next step for you!