Making chores for kids and teens less of a chore for Mom!
- Whining and grumping 79% 79%
- “I’ll do it later!” 68% 68%
- It’s easier just to do it myself 95% 95%
- Jobs that actually get done 14% 14%
Tools to make chores for kids actually work!
Getting any kids to clean up after themselves and help out in the house can be a maddening and frustrating experience for any parent. When other issues such as mental illness, Reactive Attachment Disorder, FASD or other issues related to early childhood trauma exposure creep up and get in the way, making chores for kids and teens actually work for anyone can feel almost impossible.
It also feels easier just to do whatever needs to be done ourselves. However, doing that is selling both ourselves and our kids short. Learning how to properly care for themselves and their living space is an essential life skill that even our special needs kids need to learn…and it’s never too early to start teaching it!
These “Chore Time Helpers” are a great way to make it happen!
Chore Time Helper Inclusions
- Age Appropriate Chores: Detailed list of age appropriate chores for kids, tweens, and teens
- Success Tips: Set yourself and your child up for success by following the outlined guidelines and suggestions for making chore time successful for everyone.
- Chore Assignments: Use the included sheets to write down specific job assignments for each child or person in the family. Print these sheets and laminate them for durability. Once they’re laminated, wet erase markers work great and allow the sheets to be used over and over again.
- Chore Completion Checklists: Step-by-step outlines and instructions for completing common household chores. Each step can be checked off as they are completed to make sure each chore is done completely and correctly. These checklists are exceptionally helpful for kids who struggle with sequencing and memory and don’t always do all the steps or know how to do them in the right order.
These checklists also make it easy to divide larger jobs among multiple kids. When each one does a few steps, overwhelm is reduced for everyone and the job still gets done!
Again, if you laminate these cards, they can be used over and over again. Blank cards are also included to help you create your own custom checklists.
As this is a downloadable product, sales are final. No refunds will be issued for this product.
The file you will receive is a compressed (zipped) file.
- In order to open the Helpers document, you will need to download the zipped file to your computer.
- Once it has been downloaded, right-click on the file and select “Extract All” to create a usable folder that contains your working document file.
I’d love to help you find your way out, too! I have a passion for helping hurting, exhausted moms families find their way out of darkness and chaos and enjoy a greater sense of connection, peace, and harmony in their lives and in their homes. Learn more at serenitylinkscoaching.com